Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cassandra - Vampire Queen

And now we have what I consider my first true original puppet...

Cassandra - Vampire Queen.

The inspiration came from a combination of Elvira, Mistress of the Dark", Halloween props that are lining the shelves of stores at this time of year, and "Transylvania Television".

I cut the lips based on the head pattern and sewed them in place during head costruction... was going for that "Bratz/Angelina Jolie" look to them. The fangs are "Cosmetic Wedges" cut to shape, and the hair is a Halloween costume wig I picked up at Wally World.

The really hard part of this build was her body. I started with a foam body, the same pattern I used for Harley Quinn. I added a pair of foam nerf balls to the chest and fleeced them for that "Elvira" effect... Unfortunately the results were less than impressive.
The body made the head look rediculously small... and I ended up tearing the whole thing down. In the end She has a "sock" body with a sponge ball sliced in half and cover in fleece for her *ahem* ba-da-boom.

This puppet has the unique distinction of the first one my four year old has called "evil".

By the way... I am sooo open to having her (or any of my creations) "guest-star" on TVTV...

No comments: