Monday, October 22, 2007

I've been "swamped"!

And here we have Rico, the puppet formerly known as "Gil" (An imaginary cookie to anyone who correctly guesses why I named him Rico).
This is another original design based off the sketches I had done for my Halloween series.
A few changes were in order from the original design... the first being the actual gill placement. At first he was going to have another set of gills under the ones shown, but during construction the single set looked better.
His dorsal fin also became more "shark-like" in appearance. My thought was that the performer could use the larger fin to some good "Jaws"-style effect by keeping the puppet low to the stage.
Overall it was a good build, even if I had to rip the seams out twice on his head to get the two-tones of green to line up right.

No comments: